Saturday, October 21, 2017

CFS Release - Chanukah


Our last set to be released this week for CASual Fridays Stamps is Chanukah. I've always been confused on the difference between Hanukkah and Chanukah, and it seems they are just different spellings because the Hebrew language is difficult to translate to English (although if that's not the case please let me know!) So now CASual Fridays has a set that features sentiments with the "Chanukah" spelling.


This sentiment was easy to cut out since it's already got a solid border, so that means you can layer it onto patterned paper to finish your card. Since the sentiment has to do with lights, I wanted a bokeh-looking background.


No blue bokeh paper in my supply (surprise, surprise!) so I made the patterned paper by swirling my Tim Holtz ink blending tools in place. Lots of fun!!! And can I tell you how much I love all the texture it creates?! I'm pretty sure I saw this technique somewhere recently, and I thought it was from Miriam Prantner, but looking back on her blog I don't see it. If you recognize this from somewhere please let me know so I can give credit. I would highly recommend this technique!
 

 Check out the rest of the Ink Squad to see more awesome projects with these stamps. All the stamps you see this week are now available in the CASual Fridays Stamps store! And don't forget, the code KELLY2017 works on everything, including these new release items.

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I love the background although I can't take credit for it, you nailed it though!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly