Friday, July 4, 2014

Winnie & Walter Share the Love: Distress Inks and Tags


 
Hi folks! Our last day of playing with distress ink at Winnie & Walter is here. Today the challenge is to make a tag with Distress Ink. Be sure to stop by Winnie & Walter to find out how you can win some awesome prizes!

share-the-love-graphic-distress-inks-ranger
 
This card is made for a specific person ... Darnell Knauss! Her birthday was on the 2nd, and Ardyth of MASKerade is so kind to host a birthday party for her.  I wanted to pick one of Darnell's cards to CASE, and I couldn't pick any other than ...



this beautiful card! I was so thrilled to receive this in the mail for my husband's and my wedding anniversary. In fact, other than my mom, it was the only anniversary card we received this year! Darnell is just that kind of thoughtful person. And did you see how she made the hearts? Potato stamping!!


So of course that's what I did too. I used Darnell's trick of pressing a cookie cutter into the potato and then cutting around the outside to make a stamp. I ended up just using the large circle as the background on the card. I was so happy that the center didn't stamp too well.


  
It's fun to use my scraps for the inside of the card. I feel like I'm leaving nothing to waste. Plus, I think it's a nice surprise once you open the card.


Still loving those vertical envelopes! The paper is Amy Tangerine. 


The sentiments are from Bubble Talk. I'm telling you, this may be my favorite set so far ... you get a ton of different looks with the big bold fonts and then the small cursive fonts. Plus the word balloons! The shoes are from Parentville.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Big birthday wishes to you, Darnell!!
-Kelly

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open. Your creativity never ceases to amaze me Kelly. This Darnell inspired project is incredible. Love the potato stamping and the distressed feel it creates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your potato stamps re so cool! Love how this turned out and I really love the sparkly reinforcer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just a stunning, bubbly background Kelly ... how fabulous that you were inspired by Darnell to create such an incredible card ... inside and out ... and envelope! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darnell is going to adore this! Love your potato stamping, this is marvelous! Love the envelope too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Darnell will love it from card to the envelope !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, oh, wow, I've officially popped my buttons now that you have used ME for an inspiration for one of your gorgeous creations, Kelly!! Oh, yay, I'm all that and a bag o' chips now, baby!! Check out my toothy grin!!!

    Now, seriously, sweetie, your card is a pure delight!! I absolutely ADORE it. I agree with you about the potato circles and how they give off a mottled watercolor effect; super cool! (Did the boys get in on stamping with taters, too, or are they over arts and crafts now? More like farts and rafts, right?! )

    You've more than sold me on this set, too, darn it. I was going to be SO good. I was trying really hard not to get into W&W or CB or RC, but what can I do when these companies keep opening with their delicious stamps?!!

    Thank you so so much for making me feel special and loved and honored with this post and this card. I can't wait to get it in my Happy Mail and touch it and turn it over and admire it up close! It means the world to me that you did this and you linked up to my surprise linky birthday party at Ardyth's!!

    I hope you had a fantastic Fourth and are enjoying the rest of the weekend! Mwah!! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, you are just brilliant!!! Potato stamping...that plus your brilliant design...well, it just makes for an awesome card! Sweet tribute to our dear Darnell too. I see from her comment that we'll have to be peeling her off the ceiling of the playhouse pretty soon! You've made her birthday so extra, extra special. Wonderful card, and I'm sooooo happy you were able to join in the party. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Potato stamping? Fantastic! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly