Thursday, June 19, 2014

CFS Feature - Totally Awesome Teen Birthday Card

 

Hi Folks! Well, it's summer, the kiddos are out of school, and crafting time is at a premium around here. Luckily (?!?) it was raining one day and I was able to have a ton of fun in my craft room. Here's one of those cards. The papers are from American Crafts (Dear Lizzy) 5th & Frolic line.

Aside from the MFT Dienamics High Rise die cut letters, the remaining stamps and dies are from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps:

Wait for it
 Heart Board Fri-Dies
Linked Fri-Dies




Since the Heart Board die makes 5 hearts at once, there's often a good opportunity to embellish the inside of the card (or your envelope) with any left-overs for a coordinated look. In this case, there were two hearts left over, so I used them to enhance the sentiment and to contain the closing signatures.



This is a card that will get used right away (hooray!!) so I made a coordinating envelope while I had everything still out. I'm really liking making vertical envelopes recently (you pull a vertical card out on the folded side). It doesn't cost any more money or time, but it's just a little bit different.

This card is over at the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog today.

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

16 comments:

  1. Love your card, Kelly! Wish I had your penmanship skills! =]

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! It is sure to be a hit, and I love the coordinating envie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the hearts die cut! The teenage girly card is so fun and gorgeous! Happy weekend, Kelly! PS: the vertical envelops looks so COOL. I must try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, Kelly ... love how the banners are woven into and out of the hearts ... very cool! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card Kelly, love how you worked the dies! Yay for rain sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun and girly! I LOVE it...and a vertical envelope?! Sounds pretty cool! I completely understand the craft time at a premium. Happy Summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so.much.fun.
    vertical envies...gah, love that. I have that punch board dealio, I'm going to try using it this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card. The chunky letters look great... I also like the hearts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this for a teenaged girl. It's so interesting and fun, and the decorated envelope and inside make it that much more special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well....this is a totally awesome card! I love it and it is so perfect for a teenage girl. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very teen, no doubt. And great card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This really is such an awesome teen card. It is so fun...and yes, yay for cards that get used right away. :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly