Sunday, July 14, 2013

Ribbons and Bombs



Hi all! It's my turn to showcase some cards made with CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. These two cards are rejects from a publication call where the challenge was to make a flower from non flower stamps.

My first idea was to use the ribbon from Calm and Gentle.



At first I stamped the ribbon evenly around in a circle, but it didn't look that interesting. So my next idea was to stamp in two layers of petals, alternating the heights. And then using a different color for each layer. Better!



The sentiment from that set makes a stem, and I used one ribbon for a leaf. Finally, I turned the ribbon upside down and just stamped the ends to make some grass. Definitely got a lot of mileage out of that ribbon stamp.

The other idea was to make a flower out of a bomb from Ka-Boom.


Just like with the ribbon, stamping it around in a circle does most of the work.


Both bomb stamps are used here. the solid one in different shades of red/pink, and the chevron one. Best part is the explosion makes for a nice flower center.

The white border is a set of words from the Truth Is set. A little chunk is taken out of the panel with pinking shears where the ribbon tabs are.

Thanks so much for looking!
-Kelly

15 comments:

  1. These are awesome! A cool challenge and I especially love the bomb flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both great stamps to make into flowers - love the the sentiment stem on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun flowers Kelly, super ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so creative, Kelly ... what fantastic flowers from such non-flower stamps! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "rejects" are awesome!! I totally dig them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful! I LOVE how you created those different flowers and love the sentiment border on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful...so super creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These aer both so fabulous. What were they thinking when they rejected them? Perhaps they need new glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely did get a lot of mileage out of that ribbon stamp! I agree with you on the second card; perfect flower center.
    I love to see your work, specially when you get this creative! So inspiring! Next time I am in my craft room I will choose a random stamp and start stamping away a flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great uses of these sets! Both flowers are unique and I love the idea of using the sentiment as a stem! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's talent :) lovely cards. You are always an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Amazing, creative flowers right down to the stems and leaves! Rejects? No way!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rejects NEVER they are a BRILLIANT use of the stamps, I love both cards, thanks for sharing, you can take anything and make it into something different every time, I applaud you for this, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, oh WOW! Both cards are AMAZING!! :) And rejects?!!....not in my book! lol Genius, what you did with the stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly