Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Retro Richard Scarry Card [CQC126, SRC #113]


This color challenge inspired my inner 70s child to make another card. How fun!


There's also a fun challenge at Stampin' Royalty to use only paper and ink, no embellishments. Yikes!

This time I targeted an old Richard Scarry book placed in the donation pile because my kids never really got into it (seriously, why not? it's classic!) After I thought about it, all I could see was 100 pages of great illustrations going out the door. So it stayed here. It was a little ... pun alert ... "scary" cutting the pages


but obviously I got over that and cut out a cute image of a crying pig from the "This Little Piggy Went To Market" nursery rhyme.


I thought the story line went along with an "I miss you" sentiment, so I put that under the pig illustration.


Brads for the "i" dots.

Thanks for looking!

Supplies used:
- PTI Block Letter Dies
- Dictionary Page
- Richard Scarry Book

9 comments:

  1. Another adorable card, Kelly! So happy to see you enjoying these colors! They really grabbed me when I saw them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute, cute card! Love the pig image and the "I" dots using brads! I know what you mean about cutting up books, but this card may be treasured more than the book would be, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squeal!! (sorry couldn't resist!) this is adorable Kelly. Love that you put the piggy on the cute flap and added the creative sentiment underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cute card, Kelly, love your piggy! Thanks again for using the colors this week to create a card for the ColourQ challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, this is sheer genius!!! TOTALLY gonna have to pick up some old childrens books at a second hand bookstore--can I CASE you?! I LOVE Richard Scarry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Great idea to incorporate the image and use book pages on your die-cut letters! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fun and I just LOVE how you've done the little letters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Richard Scarry!!! My inner 70s child is reminiscing right along with yours. I actually am in the process of reading Rhett one of MY old Richard Scarry books.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly